The kale or kale as it is known in Spanish is the most popular vegetable of the hour, due to its great nutritional content. It is close to broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts.
Being native to Asia Minor, it arrived in Europe around 600 AD. Today it is consumed mostly as an accompaniment to meat and traditionally collected in the winter when the cold sweetens the leaf.
- The curly cabbage is rich in vitamin C (100mg/100g), A, K y β-carotene.
- It contains photochemicals that helps protect cells against cancer.
- It contains chlorophyll, that is excellent for detoxifying and as an antioxidant.
- Important source of proteins, calcium and fiber.
Fettuccine with kale and mushrooms
- Put your organic IRIS pasta to cook in salted water, as you always do.
- In a pan heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 min. approximately or until they are tender and half inflated.
- Add the kale, salt, pepper and water and cover.
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat and add the sweet cream.
- Mix the cooked and drained pasta with the sauce.